Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July 1 - What's The Story?

There are so many different kinds of writers. There are teachers, dreamers, philosophers, imagineers, twisted, succinct, poets, musicians, screenwriters, journalists, all with creative gifts stemming from their own experiences. We as readers critique from our own life experiences that have shaped our thoughts, morals, and values. Im an editor. How in the world do I edit that? My highest core values for coaching writers are  stay on point, use the best words, and simply tell the story. Take out all else that distracts from the story. Period. 

Our life is rather like this. What is our point? Our story? Our goal? Take out all else that distracts from that. Period.

Philippians 3:13-14 - Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

No comments: