Sunday, March 25, 2018

When You Have Nothing Left to Give

Sometimes I feel so exhausted. Yes, I am doing things I love. Yes, I'm accomplishing a lot - almost everything on my lists. Yes, I'm keeping up, almost. But sometimes I am spent. Totally spent. Like right now as my body forces me to rest with a nasty cold. How do I balance my life and avoid exhaustion? There is only one answer. I can't. But when I surrender all of this in my trust that I am not alone - I can operate from a state of rest, believing my Maker's hand is upon the things I am supposed to get done. He is My helper and my strength.

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Psalm 61:2-3 - When I'm feeble and overwhelmed by life, guide me into your glory, where I am safe and sheltered. Lord, you are a paradise of protection for me.

No comments: