Monday, January 15, 2018

Inviting the Quiet

My email and FaceBook feeds are inundated with messages trying to entice me to learn, buy, join, or stand for or against something. It is ultra-annoying and I am spending the morning unsubscribing to most everybody that is doing this. So now I am looking at my own business. How can I help people on the internet without burying them in sale-sy messages? I HAVE to be better than this. There must be a way.

In my own life, I want to simplify. I love what Henry David Thoreau said:

"Our lives are frittered away by detail. Simplify! Simplify!"

I don't want my life to be frittered away. Today, I will relish being still and will invite quiet into my life.

How are you doing this in your life?

Luke 5:16 - But Jesus often slipped away from them and went into the wilderness to pray.

No comments: