Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Provision is Attached to Your Assignment

My friend, Crystal, listened to me fret at the kitchen table. I was worried about bills, over the future, over big decisions, over past failures, over future potential. She advised me to ask God about my next assignment and to ask Him if my current assignment was over.  She said provision is always attached to our assignment. I know what Crystal said is a truth. It has been true in my past and in the lives of others I know. It will be true again.

I am getting a new assignment as I write this. The provision has not arrived yet, but I am trusting it will. Are you waiting for provision? Ask God if your old assignment is over and, if so, what your new assignment is - and trust the provision will be attached to it as you step into what He has called you to. This takes bravery. It takes risk. I bless you today with a new trust in your spirit; a hope in your heart; a knowing in your mind; and an assurance in your being - for all the goodness ahead for you.


Ephesians 3:20 - Never doubt God's mighty power to work in you and accomplish all this. He will achieve infinitely more than your greatest request, your most unbelievable dream, and exceed your wildest imagination! He will outdo them all, for His miraculous power constantly energizes you! (The Passion Translation)


Philippians 4:19 - And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.


Do you feel like you are being given a new assignment? 

If my posts are blessing your days, please "like" and share them and ask your family and friends to "like" and share, too! That helps me get the word out. Thanks!

5 comments:

Christine Tracy said...

Testing this comment section.

Unknown said...

thank you Chris for a great blog post. You always seem to address just what I need each time! You're a blessing!

Unknown said...

Another great post Chris! What you write seems to always address just what I need to read. Thank you!

Faith Family Reunion said...

Thank you Chris for your encouraging words - whenever I hear you speak them, write them or say them I feel a sense of peace. Bless you and all that you are doing!

Unknown said...

This is an older post, but it is exactly what I needed this morning, almost 3 years later than you wrote!
I just lost my job, and under what I think are wrong motives to dismiss me, and being a single mom with no family support, I am indeed eager for His Voice.
I love when He repeats himself, as He knows I need that constant reassurance. A friend just a month ago, without knowing what I would face, told me God has another assignment for me.
Just this morning another friend told me, He has a plan I just don't know it yet.
All these declarations from people who hear His voice help me to hold on to my faith, just one reason we need each other.
Thanks for these words from your own faith, that years later, still have the power to heal and help.
I'm really understanding how much we need to encourage each other to pursue our life to the full with God. It's so easy to settle for less, but so sad when we do.