Sunday, July 16, 2017

A Dr. Papa Prescription

Bad news on two fronts left me ruffled and sad. It was one of those days that I just couldn't climb out of the sadness. I knew better than to stay there. But for that day, I was a goner.

Enter the next day. I was at my doctor's office for my annual physical and, while waiting for the doctor, I received a text from a new friend, Betty.

It said "Would you like to go tubing with me this morning on the Platte River?"

Now Betty had no way of knowing that tubing and rivers are one of my love languages. She and I were rather new acquaintances.

Well, it was just what the doctor SHOULD have ordered! I NEEDED this. I hadn't done it in years. When I asked my friend, as we floated in the sparkling cold water, what made her think of me, she said, "I had invited a few other friends but never heard back. I asked God who I should invite, and you came into my mind."

My Papa loves me...and knows what I need, when I need it. And leave it to a friend to respond to a picture in her head.

You can count on the fact that He loves you, too; and knows what you need; when you need it. And He knows how to get it to you!

Matthew 6:8 - "...your Father knows what you need before you ask Him."

No comments: