Thursday, June 30, 2022

Get Out and Find Your Victoria

Me, Victoria, and PJ
Right now I'm at Starbucks in Brownwood, Texas, sipping a latté and eating a rice krispy bar in memory of Victoria. 
She was such an unusual friend. Older and wiser; very British; and full of youthful life at 80 years old. She considered me her mentor. But it was really the other way around. We so loved our meetings full of encouragement, strategizing, and idea generating. We were both writers and businesswomen, and always talked of new dreams. We helped each other set and meet goals. Together we were like a happy explosion of inspiration. I was going to help her write her story and she was helping me learn how to shoot and edit videos for my You Tube channel.

When Rick and I moved to Texas from Denver, Victoria and I continued to meet by Zoom along with another friend; PJ. We all laughed as we navigated this new technology, and continued to encourage one another in even more new dreams.

One day, Victoria just didn't show up.

I miss my friend so much. She truly loved me and deposited something so special in me. We hear a lot about finding coaches and mentors to help us along in our life. I'm thankful I found Victoria, and I just want to tell you there is someone like her out there for you, too, if you look, stay aware, and say "yes" to opportunities. I pray I am that kind of friend to someone.

To Victoria, thank you. I'm now smack dab in the middle of living all that we had planned and dreamed together. 


No comments: