Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Simply Living

I had one of these! Mine was
yellow. '57 T-Bird!!!
I am NOT a multi-tasker. I cannot excel at anything if I am doing 10 things at once. At least that's what I thought until...

Today I was thinking about how I just love to drive. Yet it is multi-tasking at its finest, isn't it? Muscle memory kicks in as we accelerate, brake, check the mirrors, watch for lights and signs, stay aware, listen to music, watch the speedometer, talk to a passenger,  shift, stay awake...etc.

My brain has long combined all this into one task called "driving," and I do awesome at that.

So, how can we do this with life? Can we combine all the parts - physical, emotional, spiritual, work, family, relationships, responsibilities, health, etc. into just one simple, enjoyable thing called "living?" Just plain, wonderful, "living?"

I just simplified your world. You're welcome!

"Our lives are frittered away by detail. Simplify! Simplify!" Henry David Thoreau

No comments: