Thursday, December 28, 2017

December 28 - Refreshing for Body and Spirit

I've been waking up at 3 a.m. the last few mornings with the idea that God wants to talk. So I asked Him a question about my dry skin. I have tried everything, yet I still struggle with itching and hives and extreme dryness. "Drink more water," was the quick answer. So, I rose and drank a couple glasses and today I am intentionally drinking much more than I normally do. I feel like God's message to me also meant to hydrate my heart more intentionally too. Water, rivers, and streams in the Bible are metaphors for the flow of Holy Spirit in our lives. Maybe my body is trying to tell my heart and spirit something. "Drink water!!!! Drink more of the Holy Spirit!!! He's ever present and His desire is to pour out all of himself into all of us. Drink!"
Ephesians 5:18 - ...be filled with the fullness of the Holy Spirit.
Psalm 46:4 - God has a constantly flowing river whose sparkling streams bring joy and delight to his people. His river flows right through the city of God Most High, into his holy dwelling places.

No comments: