Saturday, December 9, 2017

When Your Gift Opens Doors

I love the arts. I love artists! Some of my friends are painters, poets, and musicians. Yesterday I met a goldsmith. I love to write and take photos. Every day I encounter people who are pursuing a passion to create beauty. Where does this come from and why?

Our Creator made us in His image. We are made for creativity. Nothing can draw people into the awe of Creation and the heart of God like a beautiful song; a painting that brings hope and healing; a creative idea that boundlessly blesses a child with cancer; a story that lines up with a grieving heart and brings peace; a piece of jewelry that cheers with sunlight; a voice raised in praise that draws us to heaven; a cello piece that makes us weep.

What are you created for that can bless a hurting world? Today, will you please enter this holy place inside you and release your brilliance? Take a listen to these carpenters who bring heaven to earth in a freshly sheet-rocked garage. Merry Christmas!

Psalm 45:1 - My heart is on fire, boiling over with passion. Bubbling up within me are these beautiful lyrics as a lovely poem to be sung for the King. (The Passion Translation)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-In6ZXYR1A

No comments: