Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Nothing Can Steal This Joy

Even on days when things aren't going well, there is an inner joy I have that is hard to explain. It's like a little diamond in my heart that stays polished and glistening. It was part of me before I was born, but ignited in my twenties, filling a hole in my heart that no prior
human experience was ever able to fill. It had to do with discovering who I was, who I belonged to, and how much I was dearly loved in spite of anything I had ever done. I'm so thankful for that little diamond of great joy.

Galations 5:22-23 - But the fruit produced by the Holy Spirit within you is divine love in all its varied expressions: joy that overflows, peace that subdues, patience that endures, kindness in action, a life full of virtue, faith that prevails, gentleness of heart, and strength of spirit. Never set the law above these qualities, for they are meant to be limitless.

No comments: