Sunday, November 10, 2019

The Giver's Blessing

One of the hardest things I have ever had to do was to accept help when I really needed it. I had always been a giver, and then...I couldn't give. I had need. And people knew it. And they gave to me. And it was humbling to say the least.

Though grateful, at first I felt ashamed. I really hated to accept the help. But then I realized that if I didn't receive the help, I would be depriving the givers their blessing from God.

So what may have looked like a weakness in my life - ended up being a blessing in someone else's life.

The generosity on the part of friends was rewarded with a release to them of the abundance of heaven - financially and spiritually.

Someone needs to read this today. God is so good! And kind! I have been humbled many times in my life - and I am thankful for that.

2 Corinthians 9:6-7 - God loves it when the giver delights in the giving. (The Message)

Acts 20:35 - "Giving brings a far greater blessing than receiving." (The Passion Translation)

Art by my friend, Gary Rowell.


Find out more about Chris and her writing, teaching, books, and author coaching at www.christinetracy.com.

No comments: