Saturday, November 5, 2022

Don't Lose Heart

Recently, we were so disappointed we were unable to attend some events that would have been SO good for us. One was in the Smoky Mountains. Another in Redding, California. Have you ever felt like you're missing out? Like you were left behind? 

Yeah. I know it. But, I've lived long enough now to realize when there is something we had to say "no" to, there is always something better coming. There is always a blessing in the missing. Honestly. Life works that way. You think the world is coming to an end. And then it isn't. Life takes a turn; a new adventure; a new dream. It gets better and you get to cherish a special moment you wouldn't have had had you not missed out on what you thought was so important.

If you're in a painful place right now, I understand. But don't lose heart. Your joyful blessing and adventure is ahead. And...you are not alone in today's pain. 

I found this from one of my favorite songwriters and musicians. Take a listen.

Every life contains its sorrows and pains
Its stormy weather and its rough terrains
You watch me wrestle with my length of chain
And smile so bravely as you tell me
Don't lose heart.... 
Dan Fogelberg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxB2jUErffU&list=RDFxB2jUErffU&start_radio=1


Thank you for reading my blog and please subscribe! For more of my writing, check out my books on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Christine-Tracy/e/B00MBR0Z6E/ref=aufs_dp_fta_dsk

No comments: