Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Mountain Girl


Many of my friends know I've been homesick for Colorado. I wasn't born there. But from the first moment I experienced the Rocky Mountains up close and personal, my heart found its home. Have you ever felt like that?

Now I live in Texas and what makes it beautiful to me is my precious family. But recently, as I was praying for God to take away this yearning for snow, golden aspen leaves, old friends, and crisp mountain air - I sensed him saying "no."

I realized He put that in me. This special love. This passion. I believe I have permission to still call Colorado home. And so I will.

"You fill up my senses, like a night in the forest; like the mountains in Springtime; like a walk in the rain...." - John Denver (Our wedding song, Annie's Song.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris I love this so much! Coming from the desert where Ollie lives I too wanted the snow and crisp fall air. I feel for you. I love my mountains too.