Saturday, April 1, 2023

The Holy Hush

Yesterday, I heard someone I admire comment that sometimes we need to leave the worship service and go out by the lake. It was an interview on the heart of worship and honoring the presence of God.

I have talked about this with Rick in recent years. I need the solitude - the holy hush - of being with my Father. I must create space for the sheer awe of who He is and who I am in Him.

I've often thought about ranchers feeding their cattle in the early morning crisp of mountain air. They have been closer to heaven in the love and care of their animals and land than I could ever hope to be in a pew.

A nursing mother in the middle of the night knows this, too.

An artist, lost in his art, knows it.

Me? I go by the river and listen for the birds.

Quiet.

He speaks if we listen.

He loves when we speak.

He is closer than our breath.

Can you hear?

www.christinetracy.com


1 comment:

Stephanie Jones said...

Chris this is just incredible!