Friday, May 19, 2023

When a Song Slays Your Heart


Have you ever been just innocently going about your business and you get knocked in the knees by a song? That was me today - mindlessly doing the dishes, listening to Alexa's choice of songs and bam! The voice. The arrangement. The words. I've heard this song before, but honestly I've never heard it in my heart like I did today. It was a God moment. This is why I like to do the dishes because this is where I seem to have my heart open to invasion. 

The singer is Charity Gayle, and she also helped write it. I'm sharing it with you today along with the following words from The Passion Translation. This, my friends, is love. You're welcome.

"For it was always in his perfect plan to adopt us as his delightful children, through our union with Jesus, the Anointed One, so that his tremendous love that cascades over us would glorify his grace - for the same love he has for his Beloved One, Jesus, he has for us. And this unfolding plan brings him great pleasure."

(This red-winged blackbird was mid-song when I took his photo. It's my favorite bird song.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhU-Omwg2rU


No comments: