Thursday, July 6, 2023

“Is This Enough?”

I was walking through the woods, mist in the warm Texas air, and was thinking how beautiful it was and how thankful I felt to be walking at this moment. It was 25 degrees cooler than it had been the past sweltering week. I was reveling in it and so was Daisy. Suddenly a voice spoke in my imagination saying: “if this is all you had; right now; forever…if your dreams don’t happen and your hopes aren’t realized…is this enough?”

I knew it was Papa God talking to me. I looked at the ducks swimming in the Pecan Bayou and the trees drooping heavy over the path and felt the warmth on my cheeks and the true joy in my heart. I did not hesitate.


“Yes!” I answered. “This is definitely enough.” 


Then I began to sing to Daisy one of my favorite songs. (Attached here.)


“Poems and Prayers and Promises” by John Denver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuP1kMRyKOY


Find my books on Amazon.

No comments: