Thursday, August 3, 2023

Twilight Time in 1958

When I was a little girl, we would take family vacations to northern Wisconsin. My mom would bring our portable 45 rpm record player and a stack of little records and we'd set it up on the beach and sit around a campfire as the sun set on Little St. Germain Lake.

I remember especially the song "Twilight Time" by The Platters (1958). (Link below.)

The song puts me right back in the sand, remembering the lap of oars in water; a cry of a loon; Nesbitt orange soda; marshmallows; parents dancing; and fishing for crappies at Sunset Point. What song brings you back?

"Good memories are like gold dust sprinkled through the mountains of life." - Chris Tracy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0kprJ30_HU

Have you read my book yet? It's available here:

Photo: I took this twilight photo of special friends who just got engaged!


No comments: