Tuesday, September 19, 2017

What if God Truly Is Who He Says He Is?

I was wondering this morning what it would be like going through life with someone you couldn't lean on; someone you didn't trust; someone you knew didn't love you but only pretended to be there for you; someone you felt stuck with, imprisoned by, and hopelessly destined to stay with.

I am so thankful for my husband who totally fits the bill of everything positive a husband and lover should be. But there is another person I am even more thankful for. Someone who tells me not only in the Bible, but in life experience and the creation around me, that I am loved; I can trust him; and I can lean on him in trouble and in joy.

He calls himself a kind father-daddy-papa; friend; healer; my creator; wisdom; helper; my strength; my hope; comforter; my peace; good king; lover of my soul; provider. He says it. I believe it. He has been these things and more to me. If you have not experienced who he is, don't live another day in hopelessness, but ask him to show his true self to you and be open to listen.

Who has God been for you?

Isaiah 41:10 - So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

No comments: