Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Love. Period.


I have been having some physically painful and emotionally weak times lately - the kind that make you think of things you shouldn’t think about; and the kind that make you believe lies that consume your soul and make you feel unloved and unloving.

But the other morning, I imagined the arms of Jesus wrapped around me, speaking healing to my bones and truth that overcomes lies. The most important truth? It isn’t any of my business what people think of me or if they love me or not. What IS my business, is that I love them. I do have control over that and it's who I am created to be. This was so profound to me…and healing. When I love, I bless others and I bless myself, too.

1 Corinthians 13:13  - Until then, there are three things that remain: faith, hope, and love - yet love surpasses them all. So above all else, let love be the beautiful prize for which you run.

Photo Caption: Reunited cousins!

No comments: