Monday, June 12, 2017

A Simple Hallelujah!

Rick and I had a musical weekend! Saturday we went to a "Brewgrass Festival"  in a popular Denver neighborhood. We enjoyed bluegrass music (our fav) along with thousands of others packed like sardines up close to the stage. Then Sunday, we were shopping for flowers at our local nursery. A fiddle player and drummer were there to entertain shoppers. (Brilliant!) When they played John Lennon's "Imagine," I couldn't help but sing along while picking out my Snapdragons.

Music is my love language. It gathers friends, fills souls, makes memories, brings healing, and creates atmospheres. There is a spirit in song and music that transcends our differences. Even when I play and sing my old-time folk songs (Rick calls them my protest songs), I love their words of love, not hate; and peace, not war.

But I would say that, above all the songs and music genres I love, the song of my life is a simple "Hallelujah" song that sings my heart's "thanks" to my God for His blessings and promises - a praise to the one who brings freedom on every level and in every situation.

Do you have a life song?

Psalm 96 - Sing God a brand-new song! Earth and everyone in it, sing! Sing to God - worship God! Shout the news of his victory from sea to sea. Take the news of his glory to the lost. News of his wonders to one and all! (The Message)

Photo - If I were to name this tree, I would call her "Symphony in the Snow."

No comments: