Saturday, June 3, 2017

The Great Pruning


Funny thing about roses.  They actually love discipline. The more I prune them, the better they look and grow. The more I encourage the ones that haven't bloomed for awhile - the more likely they are to bloom profusely the next season. The more I sweet talk them, the prettier the flowers. The more I nourish them, the better they like me. Still - they are a thorn in my side for much of the season. But I WILL NOT give up! I love them!

We are not unlike those roses. We have a loving Pruner that won't give up on us either. He corrects our rough edges, nourishes us, loves us, and cheers us on until we bloom fully in our destiny calling - colorful and fragrant.

Psalm 139:17-18 - How precious it is, Lord, to realize that you are thinking about me constantly! I can't even count how many times a day your thoughts turn toward me. And when I waken in the morning, you are still thinking of me.

No comments: