Saturday, June 24, 2017

If Jesus Were Alive Today...

What do you see?
Photo by Chris Tracy
Denver Sky
I think if Jesus lived on Earth today:
He would break down walls of fear and imprisonment; shake up the present day church; kill the religious spirit; change the way we think about Him; and usher in a new renaissance of everything creative.

He would play wild guitar,
Write bravely,
Create a new sound,
Pen poetry and new songs that bring joy and healing,
Paint with outrageous colors and strokes; spirit and whimsy;
and even play a joyful fiddle.

He would break old thinking and lead new thought movements.
He would love everyone – especially those He offends.
He would dance and shout and have fun and be wild and free and outrageous - all while bringing glory and honor to His Papa.
He would say shocking things as He did in His time to help us think, know the truth, and climb out of our boxes.
He would set us free from ourselves and our past constraints; and propel us on to life and victory.
And yes, there would be healing and freedom for all who come to Him.

John 14:12 - "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father...you may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."

John 6 - Possibly my favorite chapter in the Bible. I can just imagine Jesus' personality; how He spoke to the crowds; how He demonstrated the Father. 

No comments: