Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Fragrance, Power, and Peace

My friend, Victoria, and I meet regularly at a local bookstore coffee shop and mentor each other about our dreams, new businesses, and writing. We often get so exuberant in our conversation that I am sure there must be eavesdroppers. We just cannot help it. Life is good when we meet with a friend. There is power in the relationship, and I believe we release joy and peace in the atmosphere around us. At least - I hope we do. We are in the last third of our lifespan - yet we are dreaming as if we were young women about to embark on our life's greatest adventure.

I pray you have a friend like that - one that champions you and sets you free to dream big! The Bible says we actually have a fragrance we release into atmospheres. We can bring light into darkness; peace into chaos; and infect others with the ability to hope and dream. We do this wherever we go. Yesterday I was imagining that this place of business has no idea how powerful Victoria and I are when we are there. I do believe somehow we shine!

2 Corinthians 2:14-15 - Through our yielded lives he spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of God everywhere we go. We have become the unmistakable aroma of the victory of the Anointed One to everyone. (The Passion Translation)

No comments: