Saturday, April 4, 2020

Regarding the Headlines:

I'm a career journalist; a born and bred newspaper lover. I have been defending the media lately. The news outlets I watch and read, I believe, are indeed trying to present the facts. 

That said, I also know humans, and hence those in the media, tend to look at the negative; the crisis; expecting the worst. 

These sentiments seem to rise like invisible cream in every report these days. May I suggest that no one really can foresee how this will end? We must not put our faith in reports that stem from a reporter's or "expert's" own fears. I have heard it said that fear is faith in the wrong God. I have also heard it said that we empower the enemy when we believe his lies.

So how can we change how we respond? If we could just re-look at what is happening, could we begin to believe for headlines like these? I'm looking forward to them.

100 Percent Survival Rate!
49 Things the Government Did Right
The Victory our Leaders are Going After
5 Things the President Got Right
Communities Unite to Help Health Workers
The World Unites in the Battle
Defeating the Hidden Enemy
Virus is Losing the Battle
The Intelligence Behind the Victory
Successful Drugs and Vaccines Win the Day
Valiant Health Workers Band in Herculean Battle
and Win
92 Lives Saved Today
Thousands to Volunteer Help
Polls Show 98 percent are Unafraid
No More Fear
Here's to 2020 - The Year the World's Vision Corrected
People More Thankful, More Giving, Kinder, and Full of Joy
The Day We All Hugged Again
Doomsday Thwarted
Could God Really be Real?
Miraculous Departure of Virus Stuns Experts

Let's begin to declare and pray these headlines.

Thank you very much!

Love to all. Praying for every reader - for protection, provision, comfort, connection, healing, and that you would see God's mighty hand and presence in your life today.

Romans 4:17 - (paraphrase) - God calls things which are not as though they are. (We are made in His image. He is Creator. We are creative. He creates things with His Word. We can, too, by our declarations. What will you call into existence today?

1 comment:

Alan Searle said...

Well done! I too believe for these headlines and fought the good fight in the journalism world for 35 years until 2013 when I closed my small-town newspaper.

I stand in the gap for all readers, listeners and viewers who are looking for some small-t truth to augment the Capital-T truth we get in God's word. Now *that book* has some seriously good headlines! - AS