Thursday, April 2, 2020

The Goodness of God in the Land of the Living

The Bible talks a lot about the enemy falling into his own trap.

Combined with Romans 8:28, I think that could be what we are witnessing now.

How could God use this evil of a global pandemic and turn it around for good? Well, at least at the moment, He has quite a captive audience. Many are asking Him "What are you doing? What are you saying?"

I propose we take time to ask Him every day, starting now, those two questions - and then listen for the answers.

One inkling of an answer I feel I'm getting is: there is interest and excitement for the new way of doing church. God is reaching into living rooms and offices in so many ways through social media.

Another inkling is I feel God is instilling something new into his human creation - a brain upgrade.

One more inkling is, He is teaching us to give ourselves permission to rest, to lay low, to spend un-rushed time with those closest to us.

Do you have an inkling of what God might be doing?

Psalm 27:13 - I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

No comments: