Sunday, March 19, 2023

Hugging Happy

I walked under dark clouds yesterday.

Threatening ragged storm clouds held wind and coming rain. I was trying not to think about anything; just be present in the sound of my feet on dirt, and the quiet steps of my dog friend. 


This forest is my happy place in Texas. When I’m here, hard thoughts are not permitted. I only remember the sunshine; glimpses of laughter and play. I talk to the air and believe God is  listening. I remember sticky fingers, snowy adventures, and times with friends.  I think about things I’d like to write, and I dream a little.


The present is a good place to walk. It's a good destination for any day; embracing a moment like a beloved child; hugging happy.; finding peace.


For more about my writing life, see www.christinetracy.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this Chris, I’m going to go out today, be present and ‘hug happy!’

Liz Germanotta said...

You are so eloquent, expressing things I feel but could never put into words. When I read your words it makes it real and then i can carry that crystalized understanding with me. Thank you!
.