Monday, March 27, 2023

When Gifts Become Stars

Stars now pepper the pages of my journal. I have decided to intentionally watch for daily gifts and write them down, marking them with stars, so I can remember how wonderful my life is.

It's easy to dwell on the hard stuff. These little star gifts change my brain patterns to make my whole life feel better.

For example, here are some of the stars:
* Rick had a good grandpa talk with grandson today.
* A girl at the McDonald's counter said I was the "coolest grandma" she'd ever seen.
* One of my authors called to tell me our Zoom interview had 800 views.
* The drywall and taping are done on our flip house.
* Daisy (dog) is all better after being sick for three weeks.
* I got to spend time talking to one of my favorite authors.
* Son and grandson came to help Rick with the flip house.
* Someone told me I "carry peace."
• Daughter texted that a robin red breast in her yard reminded her of me.
• I have a new friend.

There are so many more. They are small, yet they are so big to me. There is at least one star for almost every day this year. Just going over these now makes my heart swell happy. If I hadn't written these down, they may have been forgotten or lost behind doom thoughts.

I'm so thankful for each day and each star.

For more on my writing life, visit my website and You Tube channel. www.christinetracy.com.

1 comment:

Tom Cain said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing.