Friday, March 24, 2023

The Pregnant Pause

Have you ever been tackled by a pregnant pause?

Speakers sometimes use it after they deliver something profound. This pause gives us, well, pause. To ponder. To digest. To wonder.

When musicians use it, we lean forward; pay attention; wait for the resolve.

Artists offer the pause as space on the canvas; a photographer in the rule of thirds.

Writers use style; a one word sentence; they break the rules if they know them well enough.

The pause teams with life and revelation; breathing space; the aha!

Artists take from inspiration and prepare a meal with colors and texture. The pregnant pause is the fine wine that stimulates hunger for more.

Now that I'm aware of it, I wonder if I really ever serve up the wine. I think, honestly, I'm most happy just dancing on the grapes.

Please subscribe to my blog on this page.

For info on my books and writing life, go to http://www.christinetracy.com

No comments: