Saturday, March 25, 2023

What is Beautiful to You?

Social media makes us strive to want to be things. Lots of loud voices vie for our attention making promises of wild success. Lately, doesn't it feel like the volume's been turned up? The more they tout classes and workshops and webinars we shouldn't miss, the less I want to be:
Wildly rich and successful
An influencer
Popular
Wealthy
Famous
More beautiful
Younger
A superwoman
Skinny
A world-changer
I don't like feeling coerced into believing things that are contrary to who I am. I'm simply me. I'm happy. I love my family, friends, dog, and nature. How that works itself out through what I love to do is what I'm aiming for. I won't spend more money or time on things that I never finish; things that make me feel like I have failed at what everyone else seems to be successful at.
That said, I'm planning to offer a writing class this summer. Take it only if you're seriously wanting to practice the art because you love it.
Love, Chris
Photo is shorebird prints in the sands of Port Aransas Beach, Texas. One of my three happy places.

No comments: